top of page
General Information - Energy-Saving Tips
- Now more than ever, our customers want to know how they can save energy while heating and cooling their homes and buildings comfortably. Follow these tips to ease the burden on your budget and to lessen the load on the environment:
- Keep your thermostat set at 68 degrees in the winter and 78 degrees in the summer.
- Install a programmable thermostat.
- Keep lamps and TV sets away from your air-conditioning thermostat.
- Insulate your windows and doors with weather strips.
- Insulate your attic and install an attic fan.
- Close vents in rooms that you rarely occupy.
- Clean or replace air filters once a month.
- Upgrade duct systems that are 20 years old or more.
- Upgrade heating and air systems that are 10 years old or more.
Call Greens for preventative maintenance twice a year-during the fall and spring.
To learn more about use of energy that is friendly to your budget and environment, visit these Web sites:
bottom of page